Review: IPSY's Glam bag- January Edition

I recently signed up for a cosmetic/beauty product bag subscription to see what it was like. The one I signed up for is IPSY (fyi this is not a sponsored post).
I signed up for this because I was curious to know what products would be sent to me monthly and also to see what all the rage was about. I've seen other bloggers who I follow subscribe to various types of cosmetics/beauty products subscription services and I checked out one via my friends & FB. Here are some details about Ipsy:


"With infinite beauty product combinations in the marketplace, choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try.

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month."

Sounds good right? Well my first bag arrived and I wasn't too impressed:


The products that were included in Ipsy's January Glam Bag were:
  • Briogeo: Don't Despair Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
  • Elizabeth Mott: Smooth Shadow
  • Nourish Organic: Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion
  • MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm


 The two items I would actually use in this month's glam bag would be the eyeshadow pen and the lip balm. I'm not a fan of proactive, not too sure about the face lotion because of the strong scent (it's supposed to smell like roses, but it smells like oranges) and the moisturizing mask I'm not too sure about either.


Hopefully February's glam bag is a little better!!