Review: Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm

On one of my many trips to Target I walked pass the No7 beauty section and picked up Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. I wanted to find out how it works and what was all the fuss about.



Product Features:
Reveal a beautiful, radiant complexion with this hot cloth cleansing balm from Boots. Part of the Botanics Organic collection, it contains a luxurious blend of shea butter, rosehip and jojoba oil. The gentle polishing action of the muslin cloth helps remove dirt and impurities for cleaner, healthier-looking skin. (Target Website)


Danielle's Review:

Scent: A mixture of rosehip, shea butter, jojoba oil, also I smell some type of mint as well.
Texture: It's hard at first, after warming it up with my fingers with turns into a silky oil to spread on my face.
Price: $8.49 + tax (via target)
Results: ?? uh, my face was clean and a little softer.
Overview: I was surprised when I opened the balm, it was a hard oil that needed to be warmed up with my fingers in order to spread it. After coating my face lightly I soaked the muslin cloth in warm/hot water and used it basically as a compress. I went over my face twice and then wiped the balm off.  Using an oil to cleanse the face was something that was used in the ancient times with huge benefits for the skin and body, but I do feel that using this product daily would be a little bit of a hassle. Also the fact that my current skincare regimen is quick and lazy, I would consider it a luxury-spa night type of cleanser.

Recommended?
If you want a luxury-spa night cleanser, yes. Daily use I wouldn't recommend it.