Lifestyle: Skincare tag!




Describe your skin care routine in 5 words.

Dani: Quick, Easy, Efficient, and Lazy.

Shea: Natural, experimental, a chore, interesting, and hopeful. (LOL)

Currently what is your skin routine?

Dani: Remove my make up with a Japanese makeup remover, what I'm using now is Mario Badescu Enzyme cleaning gel, after I use either my Chanel Lotion Douceur or M.B's Alpha grapefruit toning lotion and then a moisturizer ( M.B's Ginseng Moist Cream or It's Skin Aqua Serum).

Shea: Remove make up with Simple remover pads, then off to cleanse the face with either Neutrogena cleansing facial bar or Simple facial wash, use a Clean and Clear astringent, aloe vera/witch hazel gel, and then either cocounut oil or Neutrogena night cream.

What is your skin type?

Dani: It's changed a couple of times, but a combination( Normal to Dry) as of right now.

Shea: I think it is a combination. I used to have a bad issue with oils on my T-zone back in the day, it's more toned down now, though. I do have more issues with breakouts than anything else. Dry patches as well, ick!

What is your favorite skin care product?

Dani: I'm gonna have to say it's my Chanel Lotion Douceur.

Shea: I am looking for one, maybe Mario Badescu's toner, but other than that, just my night cream from Neutrogena Naturals. I want a fail proof one, though.

Top blemish zapper:

Dani: No7 Beautiful Skin: Rapid Spot Rescue or toothpaste.

Shea: Oh. I have no idea.  I'm thinking of trying Black and White soap to attack those blemishes.

Top Moisturizer:

Dani: Mario Badescu's Ginsing Moist Cream + It's Skin Aqua Serum.

Shea:Vitamin E oil or coconut oil.

Favorite face wash:

Dani: (When I do use it) It's the Shiseido Ibuki facial wash.

Shea: St. Ive's Apricot Facial Scrub, back when I used to use it.

Face Masks?

Dani: Yes. Definitely, my go to masks are usually Korean or Japanese brand masks to the masks you find at drug stores.

Shea:YES. I want to explore more, but I am using a cucumber facial mask from Target. I want Mint Julep as a mask next though, heard it works wonders.

Most used toner:

Dani: It's a tie between Mario Badescu's Alpha Grapefruit Toning Lotion & Chanel's Lotion Douceur.
  
Shea: I am hunting for one now. I am caught between Loreal's toner or Mario Badecu's.

Face wipes- Yay or Nay?

Dani: Definitely Yay.

Shea: OMG. I need them. Always.

High-end skincare or High-end makeup?

Dani: Both?

Shea: Uhhh...I'm in the middle.

What is the most unusual skincare product you've tried?

Dani: I don't think I've tried anything weird, but there is one product that I'm interested in that is ridiculously weird, I can't say it now because I think I might actually try it and do a review.

Shea: Hmm. Toothpaste (though I heard it is common), honey/brown sugar/cinnamon homemade facial mask. Even almond milk, honey, and some avocado at one point.

You're in a pharmacy and can only pick up one item- What is it?

Dani: A redbull. Kidding, foundation.

Shea: Ha, Dani! But me? Mascara.

Skincare tips?

Dani: Try to keep your hands out of your face, no matter how much you wash them. Blot your face oil as much as possible, it reduces pimples from forming.

Shea: Always make sure you wash your face at the end of the day and clean your brushes as much as you can. Bacteria causes breakouts and they can fester on your brushes. Even I need to be better about that...