Japanese Skincare Review: Hada Labo Tokyo

On a impromptu visit to ULTA I racked up on some sale items and one of them happened to be a Japanese brand! I picked up a Replenishing Hydrator & a Hydrating Facial Cleanser by Hada Labo Tokyo.

1: Replenishing Hydrator
2: Hydrating Facial Cleanser

Ever since discovering this brand at ULTA I've always had my eye on it hoping to buy it. I noticed while in Japan that the facial care items are basically top notch, actually almost all Asian facial care products are top notch. Even their facial regimens are crazy detailed, it puts my so called regimen to instant shame!

Ahem...

The location where I stayed at in Japan had a few of their products, but if you go more towards bigger cities and you'll find it on the beauty shelves along with many other skin care products.

Here's a bit about Hada Labo:

"Hada Labo was created in Japan by Rhoto Pharmaceutical Co under the concept of "Perfect and Simple," which promises highly effective skin care, while eliminating all unnecessary ingredients and additives. Since its introduction in Japan in 2004, the Hado Labo brand has grown to more than 60 different products and expanded its success to several Asian countries. Hada Labo Tokyo is the first Japanese skincare line to launch at US mass retailers." (Hada Labo website)



About the Hydrating Facial Cleanser: 
"Rich creamy cleanser with foaming action, deeply cleanses to remove impurities, dirt and oil. Rinses clean. Restores and preserves skin's natural moisture while cleansing. Free from alcohol, parabens, fragrance, dyes and mineral oil. For all skin types"

-Danielle's Review-

Product Name: Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Type: Medium High Drugstore
Brand: Hada Labo Tokyo
Scent :N/A
Texture: Thick & creamy
Price: $13.00 + tax ( Original price is $17.99)
Results: After washing my face my skin is soft & plump
Overview: First impression I was surprised that the cream was super thick, I was so used to having my facial cleansers have a lot of water in them, but this was crazy. Also when I actually washed there was no foam forming, which also startled me a bit. After using it a couple of times I got used to it and it's now one of my primary facial cleansers. After patting my face dry my skin isn't tight or feels dry afterwards, which is a plus because there isn't a lot of alcohol in the cleanser.

Recommended?
Yes, I also recommend this and pair it with the replenishing hydrator as well. This would be a good start to a medium high Japanese brand.




Replenishing Hydrator:

I picked this lovely gem up because it my face was starting to become parched and flaky. So I reach for all things hydrating.

"Unique,clear liquid formula delivers a significant amount og hyaluronic acid in a lightweight fast absorbing moisturizer. Combats skin dehydration, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Can be applied over makeup as needed. Free from parabens, fragrances, dyes and mineral oil." (ulta website)

Product Name: Hada Labo Tokyo Replenishing Hydrator
Type: Medium High Drugstore
Brand: Hada Labo Tokyo
Scent :N/A
Texture: Watery?
Price: $13.00 + tax ( Original price is $17.99)
Results: Super plump and moist face!
Overview: In a way the consistency of the hydrator is like a serum it's clear and kind of watery. With one pump you should be able to cover your entire face and parts of your neck as well. The first time I used it, it reminded me of my Shiseido Ibuki kit, the second step is a lotion that you put on and then the moisturizer. I got the same result and using this, also the fact that it can be used while wearing make up is a definite plus! I use this before putting on my make in the morning and use one of my facial sprays if needed.



Recommended?
Yes, if you would like to start a medium high Japanese skin care collection.