Fashion: Danielle's NYFW Spring/Summer 2016 Review + Favs

Post NYFW, here's Danielle's favorites from  NYFW!

After watching this years NYFW for Spring/Summer 2016 I was reminded why I preferred Autumn Fashion week. So this year's was a miss for me, but I did have some favorites. Here are my favorites from NYFW 2016;

Rebecca Minkoff- Another one that snuck up on me, Rebecca Minkoff surprised me with her 70's badass, femme vibe with all wearable pieces. Her pieces are all wearable, parable and I want them. I never considered wearing purple/lavender and now I'm highly considering wearing lavender this upcoming summer.

Herve Leger by Max Azria- Instantly in love when I saw the first model on the runway. The classy pantsuit, the peplums, cut outs, the intricate designs on the pieces. I'm in love and need some of these pieces in my closet.

Ohne Titel- Universal wearable pices, Ohne Titel surprised me. Also, I was hooked by the colors of the pieces, whites, reds, magentas, navy, etc. While I quickly noticed there was a fringe (70's) trend in the designs, but also the flowiness & body conscious pieces spoke to my inner sex appeal.

Dennis Basso - Think of going on an expensive vacay in Spain or Europe, the pieces at Dennis Basso created not only fits that experience but also exudes sex appeal. In addition to the sex appeal, the sheer golds, purples, whites, tans mixed in with sheer, shimmer, and flowy pieces are a definite must.

With that mentioned I was disappointed in a few of the designers mentioned in an earlier post.
-Alexander Wang, there was a 70's-80's vibe from all of his pieces, there were oversized pieces mixed with chains, jean skirts, cropped striped pants. Quite honestly it wasn't my thing.
-BCBG Maxariza, another 70's-80's trend with the bucket hats, wide leg pants. There were also a clash of prints in some of the pieces paired such as palm trees and Native American-like prints. I wasn't impressed.
-Desigual, I'm sad to say that Desigual didn't make my favorite's list! The only pieces that stood out to me were the headpieces and I'm pretty sure you can't purchase those (maybe?) Other those pieces I wasn't impressed by any other pieces.

What were your favorites this year? Designers? Runways?