Review: DIOR Lipstick


During my layover in Toronto from Tokyo, I was feeling a little balls-y and because tax/duty free shops in the airport. I took advantage of it! I picked up a long time lust item, Dior's Hydra gel core mirror shine.



Dior has always been a lust cosmetic brand for me. So when I finally got my hands on one I basically geeked out and fawned over it during my entire flight home.


"Dior ushers in a new era in lip makeup with the breakthrough creation of a lipstick that boasts a hydra-gel core with a top coat effect for sensational mirror shine. 
Concentrated in the shape of a CD at the center, the ultra-moisturizing soft core runs the full length of the stick. Application after application, it works like a top coat, adding an extra dose of shine and lasting colour with unbelievable comfort." - Dior Official site.

After gushing over the casing while waiting for my flight, I put some on to add to my dull and bare face that I had been wearing for 14 hours yesterday Japan time and was pleased to a certain extent.


Danielle's Review:
Name: Dior Hydra Gel Core Lipstick
Type: Luxury
Price:$35 (I paid $29)
Color: 530- Bobo
Results: Sparkly, moist lips.
Overview: Like I mentioned before I was gushing over the packing. I'm a sucker for good packing and Dior happened to be the one I fell for. Anyways, after first putting it on it looked like normal lipstick but there was something different about it. One there's small glitter like particles in the lipstick and the lasting wear is similar to that of lipgloss (it kinda lasted a long time, 3hrs??. Quite honestly I'm not a fan of anything sparkly, it just reminds me of middle school.

I love the product, but I can do without the sparkles. I'm saving this for special occasions.


Recommended? If you're okay with the sparkles, and willing to spend the money for the lipstick. Go for it! They do have lipsticks without, but for myself this will not be a repurchase.





Purchase it here:
Dior Official
Sephora
Nordstrom