Review:Tarte Showstopper



Hello there,

LeShea is (finally) posting here with new but "old" make-up that I've gotten in the last few months. If you've seen my Instagram, I've been getting stuff pretty willy-nilly--going to Ulta.com and the stores almost daily. Finally getting (I know it's sad) my first prestige palette, adorable Too Faced products and more, I have a lot of make up to talk about. First, Tarte's Showstopper Palette.
I picked this beautiful baby up during ULTA's A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. holiday sales this past year. Literally ontop of the daily sales both in-store and online, I just had to go for it. As you may have seen from this post, Urban Decay, Too Faced and so much more had crazy awesome holiday sets on sale. Sadly, I missed the $19 LORAC deal, but ended up with this! Here's what you wanna know about this palette.

Name:  Tarte Showstopper Palette 
Type: Online Purchase--ULTA.com
Price: $28 + tax/S&H (Total: $36)
Results: Subtle, soft, and natural looks. 
Overview: This is my very first luxury palette and I think that it was a very good start to my growing "prestigious" collection. It's color scheme centers around soft browns and interestingly pink-brown tones. It boasts only one darker color in the whole set but it works great when you want to do a natural smokey eye. And you cannot ignore the really cool embellished blush in the center--a Tarte staple item The top left holds a bronzer and on the right is a sweet princess-y highlighter. 

Recommended: Yes, of course. The bronzer, highlighter, and blush alone are worth about $21 all on their own but this palette was a deal for the $28 sale ULTA had. The only thing that surprised me, and this could be Tarte's general texture quality, was that the texture was a tad more loose than I thought. Pushing a brush through the small pots really pick up a lot of product--I'm mixed on this part. 

Still, great pick-up in a beautiful golden-purple compact--ready to take anywhere with you when you're on the go.

Until next time,

LeShea <3